Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still painting and getting ready. The bees are supposed to be here at the end of next week, but I am told that is an approximation of when they will be here. We won't know until the truck arrives. In the meantime, I think I should watch the video of hiving a package again. Maybe twice :)

I used just regular 'ol outdoor paint on the brood boxes. When I went to Home Depot to buy more paint for the supers, the gentleman said I needed to either prime the bare wood or get a paint that has the primer in it. So I got the paint that has the primer in it. Will see which paint lasts longest.

We had a fairly heavy frost last night. I need to get a weather station here so I can keep track of such things. Maybe a program for the computer to track data. I am such a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment